At The Law Firm of Majed Garoub, our Media, Telecommunication & Information Technology practice serves local and international clients with reliable legal support on all matters relevant to all stakeholders in the industry.
The practice consists of qualified and experienced lawyers. Our team has the ability to provide comprehensive, expert legal advice in this diverse and dynamic area of practice.
The services provided by our team include the following:
• Local law compliance in Telecommunication & Information Technology
• Content production (commissioning arrangements, ownership and copyright, financing and local production incentives, engagement of local service providers and location permits)
• Structuring of media sector ventures, telecommunication sector ventures and guidance and documentation on all types of transactions in the technology sector
• Publishing and broadcasting
• IT procurement, software licensing, consultancy services and outsourcing
• Events and sponsorship-related advisory and documentation
• Allegations of copyright infringement and social-media take-downs, non-compliance with local regulatory requirements and media and content-related aspects of corporate and commercial transactions
• Commercial transactions involving the supply of services related to telecommunications
• Equipment ‘type approval’ and assistance with import and export of telecommunications equipment and contentious technology-related matters including: contractual disputes, disputes between competitors and challenging adverse assessments from local regulators
• Data protection, use of encryption, and government procurement rules in a technology context
• Technology and intellectual property aspects of corporate and commercial transactions
• Contentious technology-related matters (allegations of copyright infringement, disputes as to ownership of technology and improvements and disputes relating to failure to perform under technology services agreements)
• Technology-related corporate policies